Turds & Blossoms free for all has started!
This election cycle, the political theater critics at San Diego CityBeat have been scoring the best and worst campaign performances, both on stage and behind the scenes. We’ve issued turds to campaigns in a variety of sizes and quantities for the really dirty, stupid and ridiculous tactics, while awarding dozens of bouquets for the most deftly earned political accomplishments.
As we gear up for the final installment of Turds & Blossoms before the primary election, we’re allowing you, the reader, to join in.
All day today you can send notes as to who you want to receive turds or blossoms and we’ll apply that to their running balance to be published next week. The rules:
1) Each person has three turds and three blossoms to award. Simply put, turds are bad, blossoms are good!
2) You can award them to any campaign or candidate, just be clear who is getting what and if you’re so inclined, say why. They can go to all different candidates or committees or you can assign multiple turds to a single recipient. If you’re a politician, by all means issue blossoms to yourself and turds to your opponent.
3) You can send it to us four ways.
- You can post a comment below.
- You can tweet your nominations to @turdsblossoms.
- You can post a comment on our Facebook page.
- You can send me an email at davem [at] sdcitybeat.com, with “Turds & Blossoms,” in the header, but please include your name or an appropriate handle if you use one regularly.
Offer ends at midnight.